Last Updated: 02/10/2020
If you use the Site, you are acting as a Buyer, someone who is looking to purchase a dog, a Breeder, someone who offers to sell dogs, or as an unregistered user, someone who is visiting the public portions of the website without registering.
Information We Collect From You
Buyers. In order to receive information about a particular dog listing, we will require you to register as a buyer. During the registration, we will require you to provide the following information: first and last name, email address, physical address, including zip code, and phone number. We call this Account Information.
We will also invite you to give us information about yourself, but you can choose to give us this information or not. This optional information about you includes age, employment status, filial status, marital status, race, birth date, and other information about yourself and your family. We call this Demographic Information.
If you elect to make a purchase on the Site, we will also require that you provide payment information: credit card information, payment account information, billing address (if different from what was provided during registration), and delivery address (if different from what was provided during registration). We call this Payment Information.
Breeders. In order to list dogs for sale, you must be registered and accepted as a Breeder. For Breeders, we will also require that you provide the following information: first and last name, email address, physical address, including zip code, and phone number. We call this Account Information.
We will also require information about your kennel, including: kennel name, kennel address, kennel phone number, certifications of the breeder, the number of breeds at the kennel, number of sires and dams, anticipated future litters, the name of your consulting veterinarian, contact information for your veterinarian, vaccination history, practices, and details, the USDA kennel information, and photographs of the kennel. We call this Kennel Information.
In order for us to pay you the fees you earn from selling dogs on the Site, we will also need to collect from you a W-9 and valid identification (e.g. driver’s license number). We call this Billing Information.
Information We Collect From You
When you visit the Site as a Buyer, a Breeder, or an unregistered user, we collect information about you and your activities while you are visiting the site: your internet protocol address (IP address), what parts of the site you interact with, how long you interact with different segments of the Site, what device you are using to access the Site, information about the device you are using (e.g. internet browser type, browser language, operating system, etc.), your mobile carrier, your phone number, the unique device identifier, an advertising identifier (if you come to the site through an advertisement), location (including geolocation, beacon based location, and GPS location), and internet address of the websites you came from to get to the Site. We call this Usage Information.
Collectively, your Account Information, Payment Information, Billing Information, and Usage Information is your Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”).
A cookie is a package of data is placed by our server into your browser’s application folder on your computer. Cookies are files that are placed onto your machine that enable the Site to provide various functionalities to you, including: authenticating you as an individual, advertising to you, and recording your actions on the Site.
Cookies allow us to collect information about you. Our cookies allow us to collect Usage Information about you. We and third party service providers that we work with may automatically collect Usage Information when you access and use the Site.
Should you choose to do so, cookies can be removed from your hard drive and certain web browsers can be set so that cookies are not used or saved. Please check with your browser provider for more information on removing cookies. You may be able to opt-out of these cookies by visiting www.aboutads.info/choices, and www.networkadvertising.org/choices and following their instructions regarding opting out. We are not responsible for the effectiveness of or the compliance with any third parties’ opt-out functionality. Disabling and removing cookies may restrict your use of the Site and affect the way in which it operates, and you may not be able to take full advantage of all offerings on the Site, in particular, those that require you to sign in.
For California Users: Various third parties are developing or have developed signals or other mechanisms for the expression of consumer choice regarding the collection of information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services (e.g., browser do not track signals). Currently, we do not monitor or take any action with respect to these signals or other mechanisms. The Site is not presently configured to support Do Not Track (“DNT”) signals from web browsers.
We use the PII we collect from and about you to provide the Site and its services to you and our other users, improve user experience, to communicate with you, and to enable you to communicate with other users about the Site and its services.
We use Payment information to take payments from you to facilitate your participating in transactions on the Site. We also use Billing information to remit funds to you that you earn by participating in transactions on the Site.
We may use your PII to contact you and to deliver information to you that, in some cases, is targeted to your interests, such as targeted banner advertisements, administrative notices, product offerings, and communications relevant to your use of the Site.
We use Usage Information to troubleshoot, administer the Site and its services, analyze trends, gather Demographic Information, comply with applicable law, and cooperate with law enforcement activities. We may also share this information with our authorized third party service providers to measure the overall effectiveness of our online tools, content, and programming.
Some of the PII and content that you contribute through the Site is intended for public display, including your account profile, username, photos, videos, reviews, and comments. We may display this information through the Site, share it with businesses, use it in promotional materials, and further distribute it to a wider audience in our discretion. We are not responsible for the privacy or security of any information that you make publicly available on the Site or what others do with information you share with them on the Site. We are not responsible for the accuracy, use or misuse of any content that you disclose or receive from third parties through the Site.
We aggregate information about how visitors use the Site so that we can improve how the Site works. For example, it will let us, our affiliates, and certain third parties that we work with to know which pages visitors go to the most or if our visitors are seeing an error page on our site.
If you wish to opt-out of receiving promotional e-mails and marketing information from us, you may do so at www.doggyco.com/unsubscribe. Email messages will also provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of receiving this information. Please note, changes to your preferences may not be effective immediately.
Sharing Your Information
We share your PII in the following circumstances:
- To connect Buyers and Breeders: We share a Breeder’s Account Information with a Buyer that expresses an interest in a listing on the Site. We share a Buyer’s Account Information with a Breeder when a Buyer expresses interest in a listing on the Site. We share your contact information in these circumstances to facilitate your investigation and negotiation of a transaction.
- To collect and make payments to you: We share your Payment Information with third-party service providers so that we can charge your credit card or other account so that you can complete a transaction on the Site. We will share the Billing Information you provide to us in a W-9 with applicable and necessary taxing authorities.
- To provide services offered through the Site: We may share PII with third party service providers who help with our business operations, including, but not limited to, agents, and others that we use in the ordinary operation of the Site, such as account and billing, marketing and promotion (including sharing of e-mail addresses with Site marketing partners such as Facebook and Google), user experience research and surveys, website hosting and support and maintenance, the breeder you contract or communicate with, the airline or other transportation provider, third party insurance companies, and any other parties involved in the sale, transportation, insuring or veterinary care of your puppy or any related or ancillary services. We will only disclose your information to the extent reasonably required for the limited purpose of the third party evaluating, analyzing, and providing services contracted to us.
- With advertisers: We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads on our behalf.
- Sweepstakes, Contests and Promotions. We may offer sweepstakes, contests, and other promotions (any, a “Promotion”) through the Site that may require registration. If you choose to enter a Promotion, Personal Information may be disclosed to third parties or the public in connection with the administration of such Promotion, including, in connection with winner selection, prize fulfillment, and as required by law or permitted by the Promotion’s official rules, such as on a winners list.
- We aggregate (gather up data across multiple members’ accounts) PII and disclose such information in a non-personally identifiable manner to advertisers and other third parties for marketing and promotional purposes.
- To comply with legal request: To provide our users with the greatest protection under the law, we require all government agencies seeking access to DoggyCo’s customers’ data to follow valid legal process. If we are compelled to disclose your information to law enforcement, we will do our best to provide you with advance notice, unless we are prohibited under the law from doing so.
- To provide third party offers: We reserve the right to offer third party services and products to you based on the preferences that you identify in your registration and at any time thereafter; such offers may be made by our company or by third parties.
- In a merger or acquisition: Should we merge with or be acquired by another business entity, we may share your information with the other company. Further, should DoggyCo file for protection, or have a third party petition filed against it under the bankruptcy code, any assets of the company, including member Personal Information and non-personal information may be sold or transferred, in whole or part to a new entity.
The Site has security measures in place to protect your information. We take reasonable precautions to protect against the loss, misuse and unauthorized access of your personal information under our control. Because the security of your personal information is a high priority, we have taken appropriate steps to ensure that it is processed confidentially, accurately and securely. The Site uses an encryption technology which is supported by the vast majority of modern Internet browsers in order to verify the identity of the transacting servers through certificates and digital signatures, and confirm that message content integrity is maintained throughout its transmission. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we employ commercially reasonable security measures to protect data and seek to partner with service providers which do the same, we cannot guarantee the security of any information transmitted to the Site and are not responsible for the actions of any third parties that may receive any such information.
We keep your information, use it, and share it for as long as you keep your account in existence. In some instances, we will delete the information you provide to us after it is no longer needed. We also keep information about you and your use of the Site for long as it is necessary for our legitimate business interests, for legal reasons, and to prevent harm to you, any third party, or us. If you would like us to delete your information, please contact us by calling (801) 822-4055. Please note that it may not be possible to delete all copies of information, photographs, or submissions that has been previously shared on our Site.
Services Provided by Others
There may also be, from time to time, services offered by service providers other than DoggyCo that are related to, but separate from, the services you receive from the Site. If you choose to use these optional services, and in the course of doing so, disclose information to the external service providers, or grant them permission to collect information about you, then their use of your information is governed by their privacy policies, if any.
In the event that we become aware that we have collected personal information from any child under the age of thirteen (13), we will dispose of that information in accordance with COPPA and other applicable laws and regulations. If you are a parent or guardian and you believe that your child under the age of thirteen (13) has provided us with personal information without COPPA-required consent, please contact us at www.doggyco.com.
For Users Outside The United States
California Privacy Rights
We may elect to share information about you with third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes. California Civil Code § 1798.83 permits California residents who have supplied personal information (as defined in the law) to us to, under certain circumstances, request and obtain certain information regarding our disclosure, if any, of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If this law applies to you, you may obtain the categories of personal information shared by us and the names and addresses of all third parties that received personal information for their direct marketing purposes from us during the immediately prior calendar year (e.g., requests made in 2020 will receive information about 2019 sharing activities). To make such a request, please provide sufficient information for us to determine if this applies to you, attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for our response. To make such a request (limit one request per year), please send a request by email to the Privacy Administrator at email@example.com or by postal mail to DoggyCo, Attn: Your California Privacy Rights, c/o Privacy Administrator, 3082 N Canyon Rd, Provo, Utah 84604. All requests must be labeled “Your California Privacy Rights” on the email subject line or envelope or post card. For all requests, please clearly state that the request is related to “Your California Privacy Rights”, include your name, street address, city, state, zip code and e-mail address (your street address is optional if you wish to receive a response to your request via email) and indicate your preference on how our response to your request should be sent (email or postal mail). We will not accept requests via the telephone or by facsimile. We are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or do not have complete information.